GlobalObjects is an C++ object oriented database
(OODB, ODBMS, NoSQL)
in which even complex C++ objects can be stored, loaded, modified and deleted in
a very simple way, without having to deal with relational databases.
This can also take place in transactions that can be confirmed or canceled.
Single and multi-user operation via a server is possible.
There are extensive locking mechanisms to protect stored objects.
The ACID principle is consistently adhered to.
A simple notification system can be used to "keep track" of changes to the object inventory.
The current version GlobalObjects 1.0.5 is implemented in the C ++ programming language and has so far been used with:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 C++ 98 (32 bit)
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 C++ 98 (32 and 64 bit)
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 C++ 14/C++ 17 (32 and 64 bit)
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2019 C++ 14/C++ 17/C++ 20 (32 and 64 bit)
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2022 C++ 14/C++ 17/C++ 20 (32 and 64 bit)
- MinGW Version 5.3.0 (32 bit)
- MinGW Version 7.3.0 (32 and 64 bit)
- MinGW Version 8.x (compiler error in "filesystem", see here)
- MinGW Version 9.0.0 (64 bit)
- MinGW Version 11.2.20 (64 bit)
- gcc 4.8.3 (32 bit)
- gcc 5.4.0 (32 bit)
- gcc 7.4.40 (64 bit)
- gcc 9.3.30 (64 bit)
- gcc 11.3.30 (64 bit)
- clang 6.0.0 (64 bit)
- clang 10.0.0 (64 bit)
- clang 14.0.0 (64 bit)
The GUI was realized with the C ++ library Qt.
GlobalObjects User Guides (online)
The texts were translated into English with the support of www.DeepL.com and translate.google.de.