EuSetup is a simple installation program that evaluates an INI file for
EuSetup is based on copy and modify files.
The following functions are available via plugins:
- Copy files
- Exchange content in files
- Insert and change entries in the registry (for example environment variablens)
- Create symbolic links
- Start a batch or another application
It is possible to expand EuSetup by means of more plugins, e.g. to get files from a URL, or to unpack before, etc. For developers there is a template to develop own plugins.
What is to be done is determined from a text file (e.g., "setup.ini"). An alternative filename can be passed. It controls almost everything about this INI file; therefore the possible entries are explained in detail in an user guide.
The current version EuSetup 1.0.2 is implemented in the C ++ programming language and has so far been used with:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 C++ 98 (32 and 64 bit)
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 C++ 14/C++ 17 (32 and 64 bit)
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2019 C++ 14/C++ 17/C++ 20 (32 and 64 bit)
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2022 C++ 14/C++ 17/C++ 20 (32 and 64 bit)
- MinGW Version 5.3.0 (32 bit)
- MinGW Version 7.3.0 (32 and 64 bit)
- MinGW Version 8.x (compiler error in "filesystem", see here)
- MinGW Version 9.0.0 (64 bit)
- MinGW Version 11.2.20 (64 Bit)
The GUI was realized with the C ++ library Qt.
EuSetup user guide (online)